Along came baby and then......the best part no one tells you


Baby A has learnt to scream! He does it when he's happy, angry, excited, when I take something away from him, when he feels like it, when ....oh my God! There's no stopping him. Sometimes its high pitched, deafening, sometimes short and screechy. But wait, I already knew this and countless other pieces of advice (that I never really listened to). You hear about sleepless nights, how life will never be the same again, tantrums that will leave you red-faced and wondering whose in charge. It's endless what you will hear and in your mind you might think it will never happen to you. Fat chance! I wish someone told me how the sleepless nights will seem less annoying when I see a big toothless smile or feel tiny fingers reaching out to grasp mine. How a tantrum (as frustrating as it may seem) will be less relevant when a tiny mouth plants a zillion kisses on your cheek (as if to say sorry). It's these small but special things that make you get through the tough times. You have a tiny being who thinks the world of you (at least for a while). Who will come running to you, no matter what. Will hold you tight while asleep, even if he or she gave you a hard time at the store (or wherever). Who will love you no matter what. I know I'd trade my sleep, my routine, my whatever... to feel this love. This is what no one tells you because only you can feel it and keep it in your heart forever.


Comments