Hair me out.....what happens to those lovely locks post pregnancy



I've always had a love-hate relationship with my hair. When I was pregnant, I loved my hair. Everyday was a "good hair day". What made me happier was the almost five months where I never saw a single strand fall out in the shower or when I brush my hair. I should have read the fine print😬 - nothing lasts forever! After Baby A was born I enjoyed the lovely locks for about a month. And then....my hair began to fall. It got so rough no matter what shampoo or conditioner I used. So off to the hair dresser I went.....and went....and went...until I was stuck with the shortest possible hair style (that I loved for only a few days). Apparently the hormones do the trick and when they are gone you're left with dull, lifeless hair. Now, if you were really careful and continued to take your vitimans and watch your diet (post-pregnancy) then you might not have had to worry (like I did). It's not easy especially when all you really want to do those first weeks is sleep...sleep...sleep. Everything else takes a back seat after the baby arrives. Hair fall post pregnancy is normal and may seem alarming so don't rush off to chop your locks, like I did. Hot oil massages can work wonders too ( if u can sneak in the time for that,  go for it!). But trust me on this one - stock up on the vitimans and eat a lot of green leafy veggies (whenever you can). That's the easiest to ensure your lovely locks stay beautiful. Till then....hoping I have my rapunzel locks soon πŸ˜‰

Comments

  1. I just got to know today about your blog.. and have started to read from the bottom! Now, this sure will be helpful whenever I am on the road to motherhood.. InshaAllah. :-P Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Famidha! all good wishes to u nd thank you for your support!πŸ˜™

      Delete
    2. Thank you Famidha! all good wishes to u nd thank you for your support!πŸ˜™

      Delete

Post a Comment