Miles to go before I sleep....

There are somethings you must not ignore. Sleep advice is one of them (and the most important of all). Infact, if you must heed any advice, listen to what you hear about catching up on sleep - after the baby arrives that is. I chose this topic today because I did not listen. I was silly enough to think that new borns know better and ofcourse I had lots of images of peacefully sleeping babies in mind. I wasn't wrong, I just had to get the equation right and its something like this: eat+eat+eat+sleep+poop+eat+eat +eat +eat+nap (I'm sure you get it). Baby A did not like to sleep! It was as if he thought he'd miss out on something exciting if he went to sleep. So the golden rule to sleep, especially in those first few days (and months) is to sleep when your baby sleeps. Even if its for ten minutes (its like a power nap). This will NOT make you happy and there will be several distractions. Your phone, pending housework, email, talking to friends, to name a few. But be strong and give yourself that much needed "shut-eye". If not you might find yourself exhausted, angry and unhappy. I promise you..it gets better but that's a whole different blog post. For now, I'm off to catch up on my much anticipated sleep...while my Baby A is in baby dreamland.😊

Comments