Encouraging my son to read has been very important. Has it been easy? Not really but the key is to never give up. I began when he was six months. I read the same book everyday and then we began to build our little library of books.

Initially, I could not tell if he liked reading or tearing the pages 😂 So his earlier books are covered with cellotape and bear testement of being ripped.

A couple months back we began 'reading time' - any time during the day when he would haul all his books out and place them on a table and pretend he was reading.

Last night after almost a year of bedtime stories and for the first time he chose the book he wanted and brought it to me!

Reading..it's never too early to start and never too late to begin- Maria DeRosario

Picture: He's learning to point out alphabets and the newspaper has been a very cool start! 

Comments